Thursday, December 8, 2011

Inglis Falls, Owen Sound, Ontario. #1

Inglis Falls, Owen Sound, Ontario. #1

I started this small study last night, it's the first in a series I intend to do of this place, a series of..... well, two at least - I'm always full of good intentions....

I haven't been here for about ten years and more, when a friend and I dropped in on the drive up to Tobermory. I recall the salmon were running that week, they were everywhere we went, or so it seemed, laying around in great lumps, resting between waterfalls.....
I took lots of photos that week ....... and can't find one of them anywhere right now. This I painted from a photo taken more recently by my friend Eric Norcross, - thank you, Eric.

Watercolour 7" x 5" on Gesso-primed Bockingford 200lb paper

No comments:

Post a Comment